What does Player Fee Warranty provide?
Player Fee Warranty offers the SportGuard program that reimburses up to 100% of club fees back to clubs and families for athletes who suffer a season-ending injury, no matter WHERE, WHEN or HOW the injury occurs!tion go to app settings and press "Manage Questions" button.
Who is covered under the program?
Clubs and families are covered.
Families: If the athlete has paid all fees upfront, the family is reimbursed.
Clubs: If the athlete is on a payment plan, the club is reimbursed for the remainder of the unpaid fees.
Does it matter what kind of injury, or how the injury occurred?
No. As long as the athlete is within the covered time period, the type of injury, or how the injury occurred, does not matter. Athletes who suffer a season-ending injury are covered no matter WHERE, WHEN or HOW the injury occurs!
WHERE: Anywhere - on or off the field (at home, school, playground, skateboarding, etc.).
WHEN: Anytime - from the moment coverage begins until the last game is played.
HOW: Anyhow - no matter how the injury occurs (slip on ice, skateboarding, fooling around, bicycle riding, etc.).
Does the athlete need a physical exam to qualify for coverage?
No physical exam is required.
When will my coverage go into effect?
All of the following items below are required to be fulfilled precedent for coverage to exist:
(1) A full roster of athletes must be provided on or before the Certificate Effective Date, before the first day of practice, or commencement of the first Game.
(2) A complete competition schedule must be provided on or before the Certificate Effective Date, before the first day of practice, or commencement of the first Game.
(3) The premium must be paid in full.
How is the policy limit determined?
The unused cost of membership is limited to a maximum of $5,000 and subject to the following benefit payment calculations:
(1) The policy limit will be determined on a pro-rata basis for athlete involved in a season-ending injury.
(2) The pro-rata calculation will be based on the ratio of remaining games the athlete is unable to participated in the season relative to the total games of the season the athlete would have been eligible to have played had the athlete not suffered a season-ending injury.
(3) The benefit is payable only once to each athlete for that sport - if an athlete participates in multiple sports at the same time and has paid multiple memberships, that athlete would be eligible for multiple benefits.
Can families purchase coverage directly if their club does not offer the program?
How much will it cost my club to provide this service?
The cost of coverage ranges from 2% to 4% of your tuition fees per athlete, depending on the sport. See the Club Setup and Enrollment Form on www.playerfeewarranty.com to get started today!
What sports are covered?
The following sports are covered: Air Rifle/Riflery/Trap Shooting, Archery, Badminton, Baseball & Softball, Basketball, Bocce, Bowling, Canoe/Kayaking/Crew, Corn Toss, Cross Country, Cycling, Dance/Drill Team/Rhythmic, Decathlon/Heptathlon, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Flag Football, Floor Hockey, Frisbee, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Roller Hockey, Sailing, Skiing/Snow Boarding, Soccer, Spirit Squad, Squash, Surfing, Swimming, Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting.
What sports are not covered?
The following sports are ineligible: Football, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, Rock Climbing, Rodeo, Rugby, Wrestling.
Is coverage available in all states?
Yes. Coverage is available in all 50 states.
How quickly are claims paid?
Claims will be paid as soon as the proper written proof of loss is fully completed and provided.
Will I receive a Certificate of Benefits?
Certificates of Insurance will be issued to the Association for delivery to each Certificate Holder covered, where required by law. Certificates will list the benefits, conditions and limits to whom benefits will be paid.
How do you define a "Season"?
A “Season” is defined as the period of time from the first day of practice/training until the final Game is played and under no circumstances exceeds nine months.
How do you define a "Season-Ending Injury"?
A “Season-Ending Injury” means bodily injury caused by the direct result of an Accident occurring while coverage is in force for an athlete whose injury is the basis of the claim which results in the inability to participate in future games for the remainder of that Season.
What evidence may be required to support a season-ending injury claim?
Written confirmation from a physician, photos or video of the injury, medical and/or diagnostic reports from a Hospital.
How do I partner with Player Fee Warranty?
Simply contact us at (833) CLUB FEE.